Or, what needs to be done in my home
Last year I revealed my interior design to do list. Man, was it long! Let's see what I managed to get done. I started this list because I kept feeling overwhelmed and scattered. I admit that once I did the brain dump it felt like I started moving forward on things.
- Standing light for by the chair and lamp for workbench.
- DONE! New Curtain Rods (mine actually broke)
- DONE! I went with different curtains though. Sheer Curtains to layer under curtains (I tend to leave the curtains open and it would be nice to have some privacy)
- DONE! Art- I moved most of the art to my office and bedroom
- Refinish dining table- I got it on Craigslist and it just needs to be sanded down a bit and re-stained.
- Style the workbench- It's this huge expanse of empty space. I don't want it to be cluttered, but it definitely needs some fun stuff.
- Sell and replace dining room chairs-I have a pair of Philippe Starck La Marie chairs in Orange, but want white. I'd like to replace them with something that has a similar low profile to the Bertoia wire chairs I have.
- DONE! Paint Hallway
- softer more comfortable chairs
- DONE! Except, now I want new curtains! New curtain rod
- hang plants
- change up the coffee table? (I've had the same coffee table for over ten years and I like it but it may be time for something new...maybe)
- Clean and organize
- Paint it teal
- Clean out and put more shelves in the pantry closet (I'm scared to open the door!)
- Get a new soap dispenser
- Style the counter tops
- Hang film on windows (this room gets almost no light and I'd like to top part to be open, but my neighbors can see in when they walk down the back stairs)
- Small lights for over sink
- Rewire small lamp
- Clean and declutter
- DONE! Rug
- DONE! Another piece of art
- Added: Hang driftwood jewelry storage piece
- Make a slipcover for the chaise
- sew pillow cover
What's on your list?