I freely admit that I have fallen behind! I have half of my kitchen cabinets cleaned out and decluttered and I need to do the other half. Here's a little background information on what I'm doing.
In order to continue to avoid cleaning I'm going to day dream about things I want in my kitchen. I'd love to have a tray right next to the stove with a nice salt and pepper grinder and oil canister. I really need some new lighting in the kitchen, but I also know that the ceiling was painted around the existing fixture so I need to make sure whatever I pick hides that. I'm also on a super tight budget!
For today, I'm going to keep cleaning and focus on my to do list.
- Clean out and declutter all of the cabinets
- Hang window film in window
- Get plants (I'm making a few hanging plant holders in my pottery class). I'll need to figure out what plants will work in little light.
- Get new kitchen stoppers (mine are broken)
- Get a garbage can and recycling bin combo that fit in the space. My garbage can is too big for the kitchen. I can't open the pantry door without moving it and I have to have a brown paper bag for all the recycling items. I'd like to find something smaller that fits the space and can hold both recycling and garbage.
- Maybe paint....
- Get better under the cabinet lights for over the sink.
- Look at lighting options (this may be outside of my budget but I'd like to see if I could get more light in this room).
- Get a soap dispenser for the dish soap
- Style the counters with useful and pretty items
- Add art to the kitchen
- Hem Curtains
Hmmm. I need to get going on that list.
I'll check in next week.
If you want to follow along on Instagram you can find me here and tag #meanderingdesignchallenge