You guys I have dreams! Dreams of a kitchen that doesn't feel so dark, dreary and soulless. One that you walk into and are inspired to cook. Sadly, that is not the kitchen I have today.
I'm about to share pictures of my sad kitchen on the internet. It feels a bit like standing in front of an open window in my underwear.
Starting with looking in from the dining room into the kitchen. Do you see the color difference?! My dining room is a lovely light shade of grey and my kitchen has horrific dark lighting and is painted yellow.
Check out last week's blog post to read more about the #myhomechallenge
- The layout is super functional
- I have enough space for everything
- I love my gas stove
- I have nice cabinets, counters and appliances
- It opens onto a nice size back porch
- There is no space really for guests to hang out with me in the kitchen
- Certain things don't fit, like the rug or the garbage can. They are both too big
- The lighting. Oh god the lighting!
- The window opens onto the porch and the staircase to the second floor, which my neighbors use. That means they can see right in my apartment.
- It's kind of bland. The rest of my apartment has so much personality and this room is seriously lacking.
- I hate blinds.
- I also really hate granite countertops and that backsplash.
There are a lot of things I can't change about this kitchen because I rent. That means I am going to change what I can and inject some color and life into this bedraggled kitchen. I tried to take good pictures, but it is so dark in there that it is very difficult to do so!
Stay tuned because next I'll share my Inspiration and Master Project List.