|Image via Nothing But Country|
I almost missed the memo that it was Earth Day today, because, every day is Earth Day here at Meandering Design. I'm not going to bombard you with facts and figures, but I am going to say that we need to start doing things differently. The stark reality is that our Earth is suffering from the way that we live.
You do not need to make drastic changes-even small changes can make the world of difference. Here are some ideas-
- Buy Local and Buy Handmade
- Compost- For those of you living in an apartment check out Urban Worm Girl
- Community Supported Agriculture- Prepay for a season worth of fresh vegi's. This helps fund the local farmers prior to the start of the harvest. This year a friend and I are splitting a box from Videnovich Farms and I can't wait.
- Revamp your clothes- Stop throwing clothes away and change them into something new and useful. Come to our Wardrobe Revamp Dabble class.
- Get out and enjoy the beauty around you
What do you do to celebrate Earth Day?
Originally Published 4/21/13